Qatar Located halfway along the western coast of the Gulf, the 11,437 sq km State of Qatar benefits from its key location, halfway between Europe and Asia. With more than 80 destinations, Qatar Airways easily connects Qatar to the rest of the world. A bridge between East and West, Qatar is at the cross roads of economic, cultural and natural heritage. Qatar is easily accessible, from some of the world's major cities.
Metrological System in Qatar
The National Measurement and Calibration Center "NMCC" was established in 1972 as the reference level of measurement and calibration in Qatar.
Participating and assistance in the activities of measurement and calibration nationally, semi-regionally, regionally and internationally as a representative of Qatar government e. g. :
- GSO (Gulf Standardization Organization)
- ISO (International organization for standardization)
- IEC (International Electro technical commission) &(IECEE)
- AIDMO (Arab Industrial Development and Mining Organization).
- OIML (Associate member)
- Law No. 21 of year 1972 concerning the Unification and determines standards, weights and balances.
- Decision of the Minister of Economy and Trade No. 1 of 1973 the Executive Regulations of Law No. 21 of 1972 on the Unification of standards, weights and balances.
- Decision of the Minister of Economy and Commerce No. 21 of 1979 concerning the calibration and stamping equipment and machinery and tools of measurement and weight and measure and the limits of tolerances.